When the boiler is started, it should not speed up the boiler too much as that may
contribute to a fast and unequal temperature increase over the weight of the boiler product. A variety of start/stop sequences may be necessary to reduce the frequency of lightning.If your boiler breaks down then GIANTECH will help you to get the new boiler. It is very important to further reduce your lighting rate when starting up the boiler and after any repair work on the marine. This is because a small amount of water is still present in the new refractory. The liquid vaporizes and spreads, which can contribute to cracks and refractory cracks when warmed. Therefore, the burner must only be run at a low load for the first hours and at intervals of 1-2 minutes. The burner should be halted for roughly 8-10 minutes between every operating period. This article explains the boiler start and stops during normal work conditions and in emergencies.
Start-up measures for Boiler breakdown prevention:
The following general job and test protocols should be regarded before start-up of the marine boiler to prevent it from the breakdown:
- Verify that, if provided with, the major steam valve, the by-pass valve, and the circulation valve are closed.
- Open the doors and the air valve for feed heat. Fill the boiler up to around 50 mm under the regular level of water. When the furnace is cooled, the water level increases due to expansion. The boiler must be loaded quite gradually if the gap between the temperature of the boiler and feedwater is over around 50 C
- The shut-off valve after a feedwater pump is to be tossed while loading a stress-reduced boiler. The pump engine would be overloaded otherwise.
- In the water level gauges, check the water level. During the full initialization, search regularly. To order to ensure the right signal, the water level levels should be blown down several times.
- Verify the connection and operation of the water level control system.
- Test the oil system and start the pump for the supply of fuel oil. Pre-heat fuel oil, if heavy fuel oil is supposed to be used by the burner.
- In compliance with the supplier guidelines, test for burner and security features.
Boiler start and pressure increase:
The following steps for starting the boiler must be observed.
- Ensure the controls for the gage panel and stress gage are available.
- Test if the boiler pressure is below 1.0 bar for the air valve to release.
- Start the burner with low load and manual power. Make sure that during the pressures increase the water level does not rise too high.
- If the rate of the water is too large, drain via the blowdown valves.
- Only steam will blow out when the air valve is opened. The boiler pressure gage should be read before the air valve is closed.
- During the stress, rise time secure all coverings, including manholes, hand holes, gate doors, etc. Test all flange joints on the plant if necessary.
- When the boiler pressure is 0.5 bar less than the operating pressure of the furnace, turn to automated brûler command.
- To warm up and press the steam mechanism, slowly open the by-pass door. The gas main valve should also be used to heat and pressurize the steam cycle if the boiler is not equipped with a valve bypass.
- Close your bypass valve and open the main steam valve.
- To prevent water shocks, open valves carefully to the steam consumers.
Mud and contaminants in the piping system could have collected in boiler water after 3-4 weeks of service. This could contribute to variations in temperatures that interrupt the production of steam and so the boiler is required. The boiler water shall then be inspected, cleaned and refilled.